- Motorbike crash detection technology REALRIDER wins UK round of pan-European Space business ideas competition
21 October 2015 – Technology that detects when a motorbike rider has crashed and automatically notifies the emergency services so that prompt and potentially life-saving action can be taken, has won first place in the UK round of the European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC).
- Life-Saving Maritime Rescue Drone Wins European Satellite Navigation Competition 2015
20 October 2015 – The project POSEIDRON has won the grand prize ahead of the European Satellite Navigation Competition's (ESNC) 29 other winners for its remote-controlled multicopter built to support maritime search-and-rescue services.
- Deadline Extended for European Satellite Navigation Competition
Would you like to win £14,000 and launch your new satellite positioning or location-based business idea?
- Catapult launches UK leg of 2015 European Space Navigation Competition
1 April 2015 – The Satellite Applications Catapult today launches the 2015 UK leg of Europe’s leading space business competition, the European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC).
- Satellites to Help Farmers Pinpoint Pests
24 October 2014 – Intelligent Precision Farming has won the UK leg of the 2014 European Satellite Navigation Competition for developing an innovative new mobile app for farmers able to pinpoint and identify disease, pests and weeds within fields.
- Doug Watson to address HUB:BLE-3 Unconference
9 May 2014 – Doug Watson will be speaking at the forthcoming HUB:BLE-3 Unconference on 12 June, when he'll be talking about the UK leg of the European Satellite Navigation Competition.
- Catapult supports European Satellite Navigation Competition UK 2014 Launch
29 April 2014 – The Satellite Applications Catapult, an independent technology and innovation company, recently launched the 2014 UK leg of the European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC), to help stimulate and support new ideas and businesses that utilise satellite navigation technology.
- Geo Agenda win the University Challenge 2013
7 November 2013 – Geo-Agenda came first in a record year of 68 entries into the University Challenge. This year 1 in 4 of the entries in to the overall ESNC originated from either a university or research centre.
- Horizon 2020 Space Call early draft issued by EC
21 November 2013 – Horizon 2020 is the financial instrument implementing theInnovation Union, a Europe 2020 flagship initiative aimed at securing Europe's global competitiveness.
- ManagePlaces win UKESNC 2013
7 November 2013 – Congratulations to Manage Places who won the UKESNC 2013 with their idea for a location-based project management tool. ManagePlaces were one of 68 qualifying entries into this years competition.