The European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC) awards the best ideas for innovative satellite navigation applications. It is open to companies, entrepreneurs, research institutes, universities, and individuals. Entry is only through the secure online database on the ESNC website between 1 April and 30 June 2015.
1. Register from 1 April to 30 June 2015
Register on the ESNC website and create your personal account. Validate your account by clicking on the link you receive in the confirmation e-mail. Log into the database with your username (e-mail address) and password, and you will be able to work on your idea as often as you like before the database closes on 30 June. You can submit more than one idea.
2. Submit your idea and choose your prizes!
- Choose the right partner for your idea from among all the regions – Read about what our industry and research partners can offer you and submit your idea for a special prize or prototyping prize!
- Select a region (mandatory) – The region you select should correspond to the place where you wish to establish your business if you are named the regional winner.
- Choose a special prize (optional) – The ESNC awards special prizes sponsored by industrial and institutional partners who are searching for innovative solutions in certain fields of satellite navigation. This format is meant to encourage joint realisation of the winning ideas by their creators and the sponsors.
3. Ideas database
The ideas database is divided into three different sections:
- In the technical section, you are asked to describe your idea as clearly and accurately as possible
- The commercial section is about the market potential of your idea
- The legal section deals with your idea's formal project aspects and its trademark and patent rights.
It's also easy to upload additional images, logos, or figures. You can update any of your entries at any time and as often as you like. Whenever you save your idea, the software calculates the percentage of required data that has already been submitted and displays a list of the missing data fields. Make sure your submission status is at 100% before the database closes on 30 June. Incomplete ideas will not enter the evaluation.
Once the database has been closed, experts from each region and prize sponsor will evaluate the ideas and nominate their winners. During September 2015, the UK winner will be selected, before an international panel of experts meets to select the overall European winner from among all the regional and special prize winners.
5. Awards Ceremony
During October 2015, the European winner, regional winners, special prize winners, and prototyping prize winners will be recognised and presented to the public at the official Awards Ceremony, the location of which will be confirmed by the competition entries closing date.